Take this quiz and decide if Stephen suffers from a narcissistic personality disorder.
- Does Stephen have a grandiose sense of self-importance? Exaggerate his achievements and talents? Expect to be recognized as superior without commensurate achievements?
- Is Stephen preoccupied with fantasies of unlimited success, power, brilliance?
- Does Stephen believe that he is “special” and unique and can only be understood by, or should associate with, other special or high-status people or institutions?
- Does Stephen require excessive admiration?
- Does Stephen have a very strong sense of entitlement? Does he have unreasonable expectations of especially favourable treatment or automatic compliance with his expectations?
- Does Stephen exploit others or does he take advantage of others to achieve his own ends?
- Does Stephen lack empathy? Is he unwilling to recognize or identify with the feelings and needs of others?
- Is Stephen envious of others or believe that others are envious of him?
- Does Stephen regularly show arrogant, haughty behaviours or attitudes?
If you answered yes to five or more of these questions, you consider Stephen to be a card-carrying Narcissist.